Racing Start Times
- Sunday races generally start at 14:30 British Summer Time or 13:00 Greenwich Mean Time.
- Championship races will start at 14:30 BST (13:00 GMT), two races.
- Wednesday pursuit races start at 18:30 (i.e. zero at 18:30).
- For the times of other events please take a look at this year’s Programme or the Notice Board in the Club House.
- Any member unable to perform their duty (OOD, Officer of the Day; SO, Safety Officer; AOD, Assistant Officer of the Day) should arrange a replacement via the DutyMan system website or contact the Sailing Secretary.
- For the use/repair of club boats please contact our Bosun, Simon Reed (telephone number displayed in the Club House).
- All boats must have a valid river licence and £2,000,000 third party insurance.
- All boats entering races will be subjected to the Racing Rules of Sailing 2013-2016. All boats entering races are additionally subject to the Club Sailing Instructions (also displayed in the OOD hut).
- Racing may take place when the Environment Agency has issued warnings on the state of the river. Goring Thames Sailing Club reminds all competitors that they are subject to the sailing instructions and they are personally responsible for the decision to sail.
Dinghies owned by Goring Thames Sailing Club MUST NOT BE USED when the Environment Agency has issued river flow warnings (yellow or red boards displayed at Cleve Lock).
For recorded information detailing River Conditions & Lock Closures for River Thames: telephone 08459 881188 and select option #1 region 011131 or visit the Environment Agency River Conditions website.